A holder of B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering from king Fahad University of petroleum and mineral and MBA from HULT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL.
- Over 30 Years of working experience in petrochemicals industries in various capacity. Drive strategical and performance management of the business to deliver results.
- Started my career working in one of sabic affiliates in 1991 as a maintenance engineer and moved in the ladder to level of department manager responsible for a production facility.
- In the year August 2004 decided to change the company and joined Sahara Petrochemicals Company to work for grass rout major project called PDH-PP project as a general manager manufacturing. This project is a joint venture between Sahara and LYB. In 2009 promoted to be the president & CEO of AL WAHA petrochemical company (the operating company of the project)
- In March 2018 the company decided to merge with other petrochemical company in our industry and started the official legal process for the integration. I was nominated as the leader for this strategic integration and delivery of the integration value.
- Currently I am leading the share service organization in Sipchem as VP Shared Services.
Omar S. Bahobail
VP, Shared Services, SIPCHEM
Day 2 | 5 December 2023 | Panel discussion: Realizing opportunities for procurement collaboration in the GCC